Thursday 22 March 2012

Missile users rejoice!

For all the advantages we missile users have, (along with the obvious downsides) there's always been one thing that's really got to me when flying Caldari or Khanid designs. The utter lack of launcher models (except on the Drake which apparently has them built in?) has always been a irritating point for me.


Y U HAVE LAUNCHERS AND RAVEN NOT?
I wouldn't mind so much if all the Caldari ship models atleast had launchers on them, similar to the Drake, even if the missiles still simply appeared from a central point on the model, then fly from there. And if they fire simultaneously (which you should be doing from a purely alpha perspective) then there's only one missile shown, which is slightly annoying also. Admittedly it's hardly game breaking, but I find it slightly weird that my Vengeance can apparently fire missiles straight through its own hull,.

But I can finally relax due to the awesome new video that's been going around the forums recently, of the new missile launcher models pulled from Sisi.

Here's the video.

They all look awesome frankly, (especially the bomb launcher at 1:55) and perfectly suit the Caldari image of cold, simple efficiency. While some might complain that CCP should be focusing on more important issues, such as ship balancing, I'm glad that they finally got around to adding in launcher models. Let's face it, EVE is a sexy looking game, and anything that adds to that only only be a good thing. I do wonder how the Drake model is going to change now though, those new launchers will look odd next to the "built in" ones...

Anyway I can't wait to see those new launchers folding out of my missile ships as they pew pew people to an explosive death  >:D

Fly Caldari!


*EDIT* CCP showed off the new launcher models in a fancy cinematic trailer at Fanfest. Link here!

No comments:

Post a Comment