Thursday 18 July 2013

Not dead, just busy etc

I've been pretty busy IRL recently, so this blog and my EVE playtime has suffered for it somewhat. Sadly that means I don't have much to talk about except some little things I'm going to mention now :)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zendrak is now a carrier pilot!


Awwh yiis

Yeah go me and everything. I'm still about two months from what I would consider "basic" requirements for my Archon (Racial carrier IV, Capital Remote Armor Systems IV, Capital Energy Emission Systems IV, Fighters IV, Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration IV, all drone supports to IV etc.) which is mildly annoying but I can live with it. Currently it's just sitting in my hangar in Hophib, and sometimes I'll mess around on the undock with other carrier pilots, waving our dicks in Local chat. I have been on a couple of move ops, and even saved a corpmate's Dominix from NullSec after he had to logoff after we lost the 9V station. But nothing requiring me to aim guns at an enemy :(

Such is the life of a noob carrier pilot.

However, to reach the standards of my alliance, I'm about seventy three days from being "Slowcat" ready, and two months from being triage ready. Admittedly alot of required skills apply for both, but it's still an aggravating train. And I've not even started training for my Chimera yet! Clearly I'm in for the long haul.

It's going to be worth it though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite my early promises to myself, I'm looking more and more these days to train Seraph into a dreadnought if nothing else (regarding capitals). It seems like an obvious evolution; once I've got subcapitals trained to the standard I want, why not go for bigger guns? The next obvious question is which one to train for. I'm not a huge fan of the Moros, and there's no way in hell I'd ever fly a "Jump Drake" as my alliance calls them.

So that leaves either the Revelation or the Naglfar. Honestly I'm leaning towards the Revelation more purely because it's Amarrian and it armour tanks, armour tanking usually being the tank of choice for most capital ships these days. That being said, the Naglfar is vertical and awesome, and I'm much closer to flying a Naglfar training-wise than I am a Revelation.

Still, this decision is long in the future, I've got to max out cruiser skills first and get my support skills to the point where I don't have to worry about them anymore (I'm talking maxed gunnery/missile/shield/armour/capacitor supports). So that's going to take a year at the least, if not longer. It's still fun to imagine though. Hell, maybe by the time I'm ready to train for a dreadnought, the balance pass on the capital ships might have made the Moros awful and the Jump Drake the king. You never know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Finally, I've been trying to make a little ISK each day, since I figure some ISK is better than no ISK. So the other week, I decided to fit up a stealth bomber and go tag ratting. I came back an hour later with an estimated 300mil in tags.

Not too shabby.


Good luck out there guys o7






No comments:

Post a Comment