Friday 14 August 2020

To all the posts I wrote before (The COVID 2020 Return to EVE Boogaloo)

 It’s been four years since my last post. Almost nine since I first joined the EVE Universe.


Where has the time gone?


I've been busy IRL to say the least (promotion at work, new role, moving across the UK to live with my girlfriend, recently COVID has thrown everything upside down etc), and those things have been a major reason as to why I've not really played EVE much. But like some strange addiction that has just been brewing at the back of my mind, I've fallen back into the hole, resubbing three accounts and kicking my skill training back up to high gear.

I'm not going to say "oh I'm back now, this is me fully playing EVE and writing about it like I was back in my 'Blogging Paradise' of 2012-2014" because I often won't be able to play as much as I would like, and because of the travel my job involves, I often won't have an internet connection to even post (like just theory crafting stuff, or opinion posts).

However.

There's some fun stuff going on in EVE right now. I've discovered some new stuff to do (pre-warning, there's going to be alot of Abyss PvE discussion/fitting/maybe a guide) and I'm getting the itch back to log in, fly around, blow stuff up and just generally enjoy this universe again. So that's where the blog is at currently. I'm playing again, but don't expect super frequent/daily blogs like I used to kick out seven or eight years ago. If you're still around subscribed to this and shocked I've posted again, well, I'm shocked you're still here too. And if you're new, stick around and see if I actually stay with EVE this time!


I'm loving the new Triglavian ships!



Speaking of seven or eight years ago, my past posts, whew. I went on a binge yesterday and read through pretty much my entire blog, just remembering the good times I had playing EVE, the people I flew with, the battles I was in, all that good stuff. I then had a nightmare trying to remember my login for this blog because of lost old email addresses, cryptic security questions and complete confusion of how to hand the blog "admin" to my new email. 

There was some cringe moments reading my posts back where I was very... "2012 meme kid"; but in my defense I was 16-17 when I first started EVE, and I was still an awkward 18 year old when I started writing this blog properly. While there are some things I wrote that I really wish I hadn't been so cringey with, I've decided to leave them all up for "history". Please go easy on me reading earlier than this! It's also important to point out that ALOT of stuff has changed since my guides and posts back in 2016 and earlier, so just assume EVERYTHING that I wrote is completely outdated and probably incorrect (with the exception of the two Marauder guides, because Level 4 missions have barely changed and Marauders have had pretty much no tweaks), especially with module tiericide, resistance changes in the Surgical Strike update and changes to criminal timers etc. For example, I have not run Incursions since probably early 2015 and my Incursion Logistics guide is probably (very likely) horribly outdated in terms of fits/implants, so double check with current Incursion runners what the best meta fit is right now. 

Anyway!

I'm back for who knows how long, I've got stuff I want to write about, and there's cool stuff happening in EVE with Triglavians, invasions and the Abyss. Let's see how it goes.

Fly safe everyone o/

No comments:

Post a Comment