Tuesday 18 September 2012

Remind me why I keep you around?

I realised a few days ago that Zendrak isn't actually training anything worthwhile at the moment.

Okay, that's probably a bad way of putting it. No matter what, the skills he's training will be useful some day. A better way of saying it would be that he doesn't have a target at the moment. Something to aim for, to achieve. Originally, he was going to train for a Jump Freighter (like an Ark) after all the stuff he's trained up to now, but frankly they're damn expensive and I'm still pretty poor. So instead I started thinking of all the other things he could do for me. I decided to leave out anything directly PvP combat based (i.e No firing guns at other players, since I've already got Seraph for that).

It's like a Providence but more epic. Also it's got a sweet red stripe


Here's the things I could think of:

The List of Stuff

- Missioning Alt: Train up for a kickass Marauder and burn through missions for some pocket change. Paladins are sexual.

- Scanning Alt: In my short solo time in LowSec, I discovered that running Radar sites was fairly lucrative. It's tempting, but the randomness of the rewards would make it frustrating in the end I think.

- Mining Whore: I could just leave him AFK mining for hours on end, but that's pretty boring.

- Boosting alt: I've been tempted to do this a few times, but frankly my PC can barely handle two clients as it is, and I'm firmly in the camp that dual-boxing isn't real "Solo" PvP. So probably not.

- Corp Thief: I won't lie, this is seriously tempting. With the ability to fly an Orca, a Providence and all the mining barges you can shake a stick at, I'm certain I could get Zendrak snapped up by a foolish HighSec industrial corp and rob them blind. Fun, but I'd risk getting him targeted for suicide attacks and such afterwards if the corp are really psychotic.

- Incursion Pilot: No guns since I've done that song and dance with Seraph, but I could train as a Logistics pilot for a nice change of pace. Also Logistics ships are (fairly) cheap and it would mean I could join a NullSec corp someday as a Logi pilot if I ever wanted to test that side of EVE out.

- Capital pilot: Yes Archon, I'm looking at you.

- Super Trader: Meh, if I'm honest. I'm not terribly fussed about increasing my trade skills anymore, since it's fairly small-scale. It's an option though.

- Industrialist: This has never properly appealed to me due to the huge amounts of spreadsheets needed (it seems) to make a decent profit. However if I can get some tech savvy RL friends to give me a crash course in Excel and all that jazz, it could be interesting.

- Planetary Interaction person thing: Tried this in the past and my brain melted. Although now I've got corpmates who know what the hell they're doing, so I might bug them to tell me their secrets.

Then I ran out of ideas, though there's probably a load that I've missed.


In the end I decided to go with Incursion Pilot and Capital Pilot, with some Corp Theft on the side. I decided on the first two purely because they complement each other (As long as I'm flying a carrier anyway), and the thief bit is because I want to try robbing someone blind at least once in EVE.

I decided I definitely wanted to fly an Archon over the other carriers, which meant simply for ease of training I should stick with an armour Logistic ship, which meant in turn either the Oneiros or the Guardian. Being the shallow person I am, I went with the Guardian, because it looks more awesome.

Red and gold is always awesome
I quickly found some Logistics guides on the interwebs, and put a skill plan together, which totaled out at around 141 days, including Logistics V, Remote Armor Repair Systems V, and Energy Emissions V (all of which will set me up for later carrier training, since I'll need these skills to V anyway for the modules that carriers use). Sounds like a good deal to me! I also crammed in Cybernetics V, purely because +5 implants will be fairly safe in Zendrak's head for the time being. He's never in combat, and I always travel in a shuttle at a minimum (Living in Amarr around Zydrine Megacyte for even a small amount of time will teach you the value of a shuttle to protect your squishy pod), so my investment will be fairly safe.

SO MANY THINGS

In the meantime, Zendrak can infiltrate some nubbins corp and take everything that isn't nailed down.

And all the stuff that is.

And the nails.


Fly safe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment