Thursday 21 March 2013

Old friends, New home

Hey guys, it's been a while. Yeah I'm not dead.

I entirely blame my own laziness. I've been logging into EVE every few weeks to plug new skills in, but I'd lost the buzz since Christmas, that thing that draws you back into this great world and makes you excited to undock again. For some reason I couldn't work up the excitement to play. So my accounts languished, remembered only by the occasional dropping of new skills into the queue, usually long ones so I didn't have to bother with logging in every few days. I payed for them with PLEX, knowing I could only do this for so long. Not playing + paying with PLEX = Slow drain of finances.

And it was. I went from around 5-6bil in liquid ISK on several accounts to barely over 1bil. It wasn't looking great, but luckily I managed to sell a character of mine a few days back, so I'm back up to around 5bil again, plus now I'm back into to market trading, so maybe I'll be SpaceRich again soon!

But what's happened? What have I been doing since December?

Well dear reader, if you've been here a while, you may remember Adamas Anima, my old corp who I found early on in my EVE days, and stayed with for almost a year. I had so much fun with these guys, they had a great sense of humour and were eager to participate in everything. But then our LowSec tower was attacked, we lost almost 2bil in blueprints and our attempt at moving into NullSec ended in several disasters.

The corporation basically collapsed at this point. I had already left to join Gallente FW so I wasn't massively affected, but all the great guys (and some girls) I had met and had great times with splintered across EVE, joining NullSec corps, HighSec corps or disappearing altogether. Sad times indeed.

So fast forward a few months, and I'm leaving Faction Warfare. Not a few days after this post, I'm contacted by my old CEO and good friend, Myopic Thyne. He pretty much tells me Adamas is being reborn as Shattered Paradigm, and this time, we're going to do it right.

...How could I refuse?



Stay tuned, fly safe ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment