Saturday 14 December 2013

An extended holiday?

I've been in Null-Sec for quite a while now (I've not made a blog post for quite some time either). And it's been awesome. But now I'm heading back to the more civilised areas of EVE...

Oh who am I kidding, High-Sec is full of assholes.

But seriously, I'm leaving Null. It's nothing to do with Nulli, they're actually a great alliance and the community they've got going is great. Infact, if you're looking to experience Null I highly recommend Nulli Secunda, and I have nothing but praise for my soon to be ex-corp, Nul-li-fy. I wish them all the best in the current war, and I'll keep an eye on how they're doing while I'm doing whatever else I plan to do.

But the reason I'm leaving is perhaps a core problem with NullSec at the moment. I felt like a cog in a huge machine. And to start with that was awesome, being a part of something huge and monstrous, being part of an alliance that could pull together a two hundred man fleet in the space of ten or twenty minutes. It was pretty fucking epic.

Then I started to realise that this machine I was a part of didn't really care if I was there or not, it still ground onwards through weight of numbers, and I lost my buzz for EVE. If it didn't matter whether I was there or not why should I be?

Also fights with thousands of people in are great except for the soul crushing TiDi.

So I soon came to the conclusion that NullSec isn't for me. So it's time to move on.

Fly safe guys

1 comment:

  1. I returned in October from a "small" 0.0 Intermezzo and decided for me, that High/Low Sec provides the best possibility when you want to do things different things in EvE. Now i'm flying missions, I'm mining, flying explorations sites in high, low and 0.0 Space, doing smallscale PVP in WH or Low Sec space, doing some incursions and watching my corporation growing. It's perfect for me as casual player.

    ReplyDelete