Thursday 12 April 2012

Turns out wrecks have rights too. Who knew?

Since a wreck and I had some strong words that resulted me shooting it to prove a point, my security status remains low enough to keep me out of Amarr (I'm not even kidding, I went from -2.15 to -2.23 for blowing up a random wreck that was annoying my OCD side). So of course, I've been spending alot of time in the Ami area and I'm getting to know it quite well. Here's a little rundown of my random adventures in LowSec to keep you entertained while I rat my security back up some more.

Seraph's Awesome LowSec Funtimes Diary

- After a few run-ins with gate camps over the last few days, I think it's fairly obvious why I'm starting to dread jumping into new systems, or ones I don't know very well. So when I saw about fifteen assorted cruisers (Mostly Thoraxes with a few Ruptures) and battlecruisers (Almost all Myrmidons and Brutixes)  on the gate after I jumped into Pananan, it was safe to say I was resigned to losing my Hurricane. Even so I aligned out and started spamming the "Warp to" button on the local station as though I actually had a chance.

Within seconds of uncloaking, I had been yellowboxed by most of the cruisers, and several of which were MWD'ing straight at me to knock my ship out of alignment. Well crap, it looks like they know what they're doing. Half the boxes turn red, and I sigh expecting to meet a fiery demise within the next few nanoseconds. Instead I'm flung into warp about five seconds early. Whaaaat? Then I realise, in their excitement at murdering a helpless battlecruiser, the Thoraxes trying to knock me out of alignment were only in range to web me, not scram too. That dropped my speed to the point where I was pretty much instawarped out. Cheers for not understanding game mechanics guys! I felt bad for escaping, so I gave them some friendly advice:


Local Chat
Seraph Minayin > it's called warp disruptors
Seraph Minayin > idiots
Seraph Minayin > dont web first

They ignore me :(


- The next day I spent ten or fifteen minutes being followed around Gademan (Gademam? Can't remember the name exactly) by a Jaguar who seemed determined to fight my Hurricane. Killboard history showed no awesome solo BC kills while in frigates, so I smelt a trap. Even so, I eventually gave in and let him tackle me at a planet 60AU from all the gates. I neuted the crap out of him then watched Local for a while. It instantly spiked to about ten or eleven people from only four. Yeah I'm not falling for that. I aligned out, overheated my neuts and warped off when his scram died. Never even saw the guys who tried to tarp me.
As always I comment on it...


Local Chat
Seraph Minayin > dat shit's a tarp
Ketplunk > yah its a tarp :)

Atleast he's honest.

- Ratting while semi-afk almost lead to me getting jumped by a small roaming gang. Luckily I was pew pewing the rats about 90km away from the tackler's warp in, and actually managed to notice him steaming towards me at over 2km/s (In an Incursus, odd choice?) before I met an embarrassing end. I warp out and get called a coward by eight people. I suppose explaining irony to them would be a waste of time.

- Spent about half an hour chatting to a small gatecamp in Local (seriously, Ami is full of the damn things) while sitting at a safespot, and found out that people still like to try and cyno Jump Freighters into LowSec despite the fact there are almost thirty people in system.


Local Chat
Seraph Minayin > holy shit a Rhea?!
Roth Udan > o yeah he comes in alot

Wut.
***************************

Anyway that's a few of the more memorable moments I've had while spending time in LowSec so far. There was also a hilarious hour that I spent hiding in a station from a roaring drunk Talos pilot who was intent on exploding me, but it involves far too much swearing for me to morally be able to post it... (Also I've managed to lose the chat logs from Local, but that has nothing to do with it, promise!)


Also I'd like to mention that "EVE Is Easy" is a surprisingly good source for tutorials on PvP, and their videos are well put together and explained. I'd recommend it for anyone interested on starting in PvP, it's full of great stuff. The only downside is Link-Alts are used seemingly at random, which is frankly beyond the grasp of many "casual" PvPers (like yours truly), so it's possible that the videos aren't perfect representations of what you can go out and do. Even so, the tactics described and explained are still applicable, and the video on scouting was an excellent crash course in using the D-Scan.

So that's all I've got for now. Maybe in a few days I can actually get back into Amarr and start to fit out my new Vengeance (which I've nicknamed "Project K", mainly because the fit is based heavily on Korvus' Vengeance that I've modified for my lesser skills and cheap bastard budget). It looks fun as hell to fly, and I've decided I might aswell splash out this Incursion ISK on something (BLINKing has lost me about 300mil of it anyway, derp).

In the meantime, fly safe!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome times have been had in lowsec, sounds like! Nice escape from the fail gatecamp too.

    Nice Vengeance name btw!

    ReplyDelete