Sunday 1 April 2012

Quick update

I'm painfully aware I haven't posted in a few days and I apologise for my inactivity. My problem arises from the fact that it's quite difficult to write about things when there's nothing happening :P I spent about five or six hours solo-roaming in the last two days, and the closest I got to a kill was a ratting Coercer who I stumbled into by accident. In the ten or so seconds we spent staring at each other, he realised I hadn't even locked him and warped off. Derp.

So instead this post will be about a few things should hopefully be occurring/written about in the coming week.

PvP
- I've realised that my PvP style is starting to get predictable in the Vengeance. If anyone checks my killboard, then they can easily see my Vengeance fits are almost exact clones of each other. This lets them find a workable strategy to wipe me out, and obviously this is bad for me. So instead, I've found a new ship to test out in PvP.

Teh Autocannon Merlin



I've never really flown a Merlin before now, so killboard intel will be short on the ground, and it's much cheaper for me to fit out a set of Merlins than one Vengeance. That means I can lose several of them with little real impact on my wallet. So in the next week I should have some fun posts to write regarding my solo roams in this cool little frigate.

- I still have lots of little ideas regarding PvP to write about (think mini-guides) and one that's been forming pretty well in my head so far is the importance of using all available intel on your opponent to your advantage. I'm planning to have this one written and edited within about three or four days, so look out for that!

- I'm also considering writing a "mini-guide" on the Vengeance in PvP, similar to my post about the Punisher a while back. Things like strengths/weaknesses, ships you can ususally kill, things you should avoid, a few example fits and suchlike. However I don't feel that I have enough experience flying it yet, so this idea might remain on the backburner for a while until I feel truly comfortable throwing it around in a fight.

Economics
- Adamas Anima (my corp incase I haven't really mentioned it before) has been having a drive for more ISK independence from it's members recently (we all know that without ISK, corporations starve), which has made me look at ways of making ISK semi-passively ( because effort is for tools). I'll therefore be writing a little about my industrial/trader alt's recent activity as a sort of mini-guide for budding manufacturers/traders. I'd like to point out now that I am by no means an expert in either of these professions, so this will be a sort of "first look" thing :)

In general
- I also have a guide on scanning kicking around (that one of my corp members wrote a few days back) that introduces the basics pretty well. I just need to get his permission to reproduce it on my blog, and then I'll get that up on here along with some pretty pictures. Of course I will fully credit it to him, I'm not harsh enough to steal someone else's work :P

- And finally, I have my own opinion on the recently (ish) announced plans to change skill training for many ships, and the (comparably small)  rage that this has induced from some players. So there'll possibly a short little post on that within the week aswell.


Anyway, that's all I've got right now. My next post (fingers crossed) should have much more substance than this...

No comments:

Post a Comment