Friday 1 June 2012

SERAPH Y U NO POST?!

Here's a weird little fact about me, if I don't write up a blog post every couple of days or so, I actually feel quite guilty until I write a new one, which is why I'm writing this right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not so vain that I assume I have hundreds of people waiting with baited breath for my words to reach the internet. It's more I have the vague feeling that if I'm going to waste people's time with my ramblings, I can atleast be consistent about it. Nobody likes an infrequent blogger! (Unless they're terrible, but I would hope I'm not in that camp :P)

So... pretty....
So what has been keeping my beautiful bald head from EVE these past few days? A mixture of exams (and revision), nice weather, lots of new game releases that I want to try, and the knowledge that I'm training some fairly long skills. I've still been on EVE pretty frequently, but it's mainly just to keep up with my market orders and to chat with corpmates.

But anyway, the waiting is over, and my alt can finally fly his awesome Providence. I took a bunch of screenshots of my first flight, which happened to be from Jita (where I bought it) back to Amarr, and it's such a beautiful ship. I always liked the Providence, because it reminded me of that Rebel Transport in the original Star Wars trilogy (you know, the one the Rebels use to escape Hoth?). If you compare them side by side, it's like CCP took inspiration from Star Wars. There's worse things to copy I guess!

See what I mean?

So now Zendrak is finishing up Amarr Freighter IV, and then I'm getting a load of agility skills to speed up the align time of the Providence, because it turns like a pig knee-deep in golden syrup. For anyone wanting to buy/use their own Freighter, I'll warn you right now, they're slow. No seriously, they are slow as hell. I don't just mean align times, the warp speed is the kicker. My maximum warp speed is 0.70AU/sec. 100AU warps take around two minutes, not including aligning in the first place, which is about 40-50 seconds. For comparison, most ships in the game warp at between 3AU/sec and 6AU/sec, depending on the size of the hull etc. Interceptors can warp at 13.5AU/sec if I remember correctly, which is pretty damn quick. But the good news is, it's pretty relaxing flying such a huge ship, and I've already used it to transport a load of crap for my corp. Yay huge cargoholds!

For the entire trip, I had that "On the way" song from Ice Age in my head

Seraph also has some new toys to play with, in the form of the Wolf and the Jaguar. Yes, I finally got around to training Minmatar Frigate V, and since I already have Assault Frigate V, they're quite a force to be reckoned with. I have two Wolves fitted up, a brawler and a kiter, one which is stupidly expensive in order to make the fit work (less CPU need for faction stuff, sigh) which I'm planning on tweaking in a few days. I also have a shield Jaguar fitted up, which I tested out yesterday against a Hawk. It turned out that Scourge Rockets really love large signature radii, especially when it's my second lowest resist and when the Hawk gets a kinetic bonus. Suffice to say my shield buffer melted fairly quickly, but I managed to pull range and GTFO. Definitely a nice ability to have after the "Brawl to the death" style of my Vengeances.

I'm hoping to take out these new ships over the coming days and get some awesome kills and good fights, before eventually get them exploded in varied and hilarious ways. (I've decided to stop jumping into Ami straight from HighSec, because it's camped about 99.999999% of the time, and losing ships to Vigilants and the like makes me feel sad inside :P) I'm definitely looking forward to flying the brawler Wolf I've been tinkering with, which looks like a DPS powerhouse in comparison to my Vengeance, which is more of a "tanky bitch".
The Wolf - A Rifter with 33% more awesome (i.e another gun)

Chances of dying gloriously in a huge fiery ball of bullets and missiles? I'd estimate 85%
Chances of having loads of fun while doing so? Definitely 100%

Fly safe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment