Tuesday 13 November 2012

A new addition to the fleet

Woops.

I blame Faction Warfare payouts. It felt weird to be chugging around 3bil in liquid ISK without anything to spend it on, since I was too lazy to start trading again (all my major orders finished over the weekend, giving me some surplus ISK to spend on Seraph). But then I thought, "Hey, there is something I can spend it on..."

So I made some inquiries, looked around a little, and suddenly bam!

Yeah you'll probably have to click to zoom so you can see it

I am now the proud new owner of an Archon carrier!

 I won't be able to sit in it for atleast 73 days (If I train straight for it), or move it and fit it for atleast half a year (in terms of jumping it to a new "home" system), and I estimate it's going to be between a year and a half and two years before I'd feel ready to fly it in combat. Not to mention all the new skillbooks I'm going to need to buy, along with more drone skills, finishing Logistics training, finding a corp who would actually use my carrier in combat, and actually knowing how to fly the damn thing among other problems.

Also not getting it killed the first time I jump it somewhere would be great.

So I'm in for the long haul it seems. But it's looking to be fun, plus I'm part of the way towards my dream of flying a carrier in combat!

And of course, I'd like to give a shoutout to Ispia Jaydrath over at EVE-Fail for supplying me with my sexy new capital ship at a very reasonable price. Thank you very much!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Also, speaking of Logistics ships, I've been looking at my skill queue for Incursions (with some messing on EFT), and it turns out I could fly in Incursion fleets within two days, after I finish training Logistics IV. Since I was expecting to wait it out until atleast late January, that's something of a shock to me. Finishing those skills I've "bumped down" in importance will still be very useful to my Guardian, (and eventually my Archon), but at the moment I've pretty much got all the skills required to be a useful addition to fleets.

Which is a good thing, because carriers aren't cheap.

I winced a little when I accepted
The only "desperate" skills I want to train after Logistics IV finishes is Logistics V followed by some Navigation skills (since alot of tank for Logistics ships comes from their mixture of small signature, high speed, and high resists). The rest will simply give me a little more cap, or slightly higher EHP, or some other "minor" bonus which I can live without for awhile. So looks like I'll be crashing some Incursion fleets this week, and I'll probably write a little post about my experiences, since pretty much all posts I've read on Incursions have been from the point of view of the DPS pilots. Maybe I can add something new?

Also I'm planning to write some short "Summary posts" every couple of days regarding my "Fly 'Till I Die" campaign. I've already lost a good few ships, and the insurance is rolling in :D

I still need to name this damn carrier though. I've got 73 days...


Fly safe!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I've been wanting a suitcase carrier for sometime now but training for other things keeps getting in the way.

    P.S. Not sure if you realized your TS3 info is posted in that first pic for God and country to see. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, that's not my TS3 stuff, it's an armour incursion channel :D

    But thanks for the warning, sometimes I forget that I have "sensitive" chat boxes open :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, congrats to your carrier :)

    I made a naming-contest in my alliance. Handing out a Faction-Frigate is a nice prize for someone thinking about a proper name for your carrier^^.
    Now it's namend "Baron Samedi" - the guy of death in voodoo-cult :D

    ReplyDelete