Monday 26 November 2012

It's like having a multiple personality disorder

So there's some sad news, and some good news.

The sad news is, one of my RL friends has recently started studying REALLY HARD for University, so he feels that he can no longer play EVE and balance his studies at the same time(he was the CEO of an industrial corp, part of a larger alliance). He's decided that since RL > EVE, that he's going to pretty much stop playing until he feels he can handle juggling everything again. Which is sad news, because it was always fun to chat to him about how his corp was going, and the backstabbing that happened even in a small alliance.

But the good news is, he's effectively selling me his two characters (on two seperate accounts). All I have to do is pay the transfer fee, and bam, I get a fully skilled miner/PI character (which let's face it, I probably won't use) and a pretty well trained Amarrian Missioner/Orca booster, who's only a few weeks from T2 large lasers and comes with a blingy Apocalypse Navy Issue. Also I get all of his ships, modules, etc to do with as I please.

Which is pretty nice, to say the least. I'm not complaining about a free Orca, Hulk, Mackinaw, Crane, Navy Apoc, etc etc. It's definitely paid for my Archon if I flog it all, though I'd probably keep the Orca for transporting things.

After some due consideration, I'm thinking about selling off the mining character (since mining is boring and I don't want to pay for four accounts) and paying for the missioning character with PLEX for a year, until he's fully trained into a Paladin, at which point I'll transfer him over to one of my accounts I have at the moment. That way I can only pay RL cash for two accounts, and hopefully make enough per month to PLEX the third. And of course, if I can sell that mining character for a couple of bil (no idea how much characters are worth) then that'll put me a few months ahead straight off.

The only problem is, this mining character I'm selling needs about three months more training before I reckon it'll fetch a decent price on the bazaar, so I need to PLEX two accounts. I forsee much grinding of Incursions in the coming months...

And before anyone asks why I don't just sell both characters along with all their assets, I secretly enjoy mission running, and owning a Paladin has always been another of my private goals for EVE. (I may have to write those up one day, they might be interesting). So the mission runner stays.


And juggling the training of four characters? It's hard work. I'm having trouble keeping track even with EVE-Mon, and I can't even imagine how much effort other players put in, since I know that some players have upwards of five or six characters on separate accounts...

You crazy bros.

Anyway, fly safe!

2 comments:

  1. Wait wouldn't your friend be upset if he comes back and you sold off his toons? I know I'd be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaa, no I should have made that clearer, he's perfectly happy if I decided to sell them off (which I haven't) :D

      Delete