Tuesday 2 April 2013

Well bollocks to this Russian lark

Zendrak recently left Red Alliance.

Seraph! Why was your alt flying with those damn ruskies/idiots/mouthbreathers/bads/scumlords/insert insult here anyway?

Because I was part of an industrial corp (Saku Industries) that had been recruited into RA in order to provide them with capitals. So basically the capital building corp I was in joined RA, and by extension, I joined RA too.

Which sucked.

No seriously, I got Alliance-wide messages almost everyday. Usually atleast three or four. And they were solidly written Russian essays, I swear to god. They could have been having a bloody literature competition for all I knew.

But Seraph, why were you even in that industrial corp to start with?

Did you even read the last bit?

They were building capitals

I wanted to help. Or atleast, make it appear I was helping, while planning to steal blueprints/components/completed capitals when I had the chance. And it would have worked too if it wasn't for those meddling Russians. Saku Industries had about zero corp security, they didn't even ask for my API. Robbing them blind would have been beautifully easy.

Then RA came into the picture and royally screwed up everything. So disgusted with my luck, I left Saku Industries without so much as a goodbye, came here to whine a little, and then started looking for a new corp. A corp I would be in to actually play with rather than attempt to rob blind because I swear I have awful luck when I try to steal things. And what's the first ad I see when I enter the recruitment channel?

A C5 Wormhole corp, "Dark Energy." looking for Logistics/Capital/T3 pilots. Well shit, that's almost me down to a T.

So instantly I joined their recruitment channel, chatted with them and was invited to hop onto their TS3 comms for an impromptu interview, right there and then. We seemed to get along well, so they asked for my API key (good start compared to Saku) and they'd look it over. Within about ten minutes they agreed I came back clean (as I expected, I've not actually done anything wrong on Zendrak) and said I could put in an application whenever I liked.

Awesome!

I've never done Wormholes before, and these guys seem like great teachers. Plus the projected ISK payouts look insane, and I'm hardly one to turn down a few billion a month! So Zendrak has been roped into Wormholes, but he's got a few skills to train before I'm going to join the corp in the hole, since he's got zero scanning skills (which is bad in a Wormhole) and needs to be able to fly a CovOps frigate at a minimum. But all of this is fine, because I've still got lots of things to deal with in HighSec for the moment, like organising all my crap and selling off surplus modules etc. So this means while I put my shit in order, I can tick down those skills I need, and hopefully within a week or so, I'll be welcomed into my new home with open arms.

Or maybe well aimed lasers. I hear Wormholers can be dangerous ;D


P.S Just to make it clear, I am not planning on trying to steal from these guys, mainly because Wormholes pay so well I have no need to, and also because their security measures make stealing things almost impossible. Which is good because I don't want my stuff stolen either!

No comments:

Post a Comment