Sunday 21 April 2013

Without direction

As you may have guessed from the last post, I joined a wormhole corp on both my characters a little while back. I won't go into reasons why, but I decided I was going to leave Shattered Paradigm and try out wormholes.

And I loved it. Really I did. I made about 700million ISK in a C5 in like two days without even trying, and I was looking forward to some T3 fleet action when I got my skills up some more.

And then my corp got the double blow of an eviction, followed by a massive corp theft halfway through it.

I personally lost close to 2bil in Fuel/Ships/Skillbooks (which were stolen) and a Large POS + Mods that I had leave behind when we evacuated, since we didn't have enough time to unanchor it. And this evacuation wasn't streamlined or pretty. Oh hell no, that would be far too simple. It involved me scouting Zendrak through no less than five C6 wormholes, two C4s and a C3 which lead into LowSec (all of them occupied) looking for a way out for my Anathema, and my Bestower that carried about 300mil of stuff I'd managed to get out from the now clusterfuck that had been my home for almost a month.

And to add insult to injury, my LowSec exit couldn't be somewhere nice and quiet like Domain or Genesis. Oh hell no, it was smack dab in the middle of a faction warfare zone in Metropolis. It was in Vard, to be exact. One jump from the infamous Amamake. Which I'd have to go through to reach safety in HighSec.

I can tell you I needed several pairs of clean trousers after that scouting run.

But I made it, Bestower and all, and now I'm recovering my assets and seeing what I've got left. I'm not bankrupt by any means, but I'm looking at a nasty dent in my wallet, and I've got no idea how I'm going to fix it. My initial instinct was to get right back in a wormhole and rake in the cash, but I'm a little burned out from wormholes after that heroic escape attempt. So for the moment, I'm returning to the comforting home of LowSec with Seraph, and getting Zendrak back to business in HighSec.

But I'm lost. I don't know what I'm aiming for now.

I need to recover my wallet's health, get everything back together and think.

Maybe something will come up.


Anyway, fly safe guys

2 comments:

  1. Dude that sucks. Hope you find some fun back in low-sec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I'm sorry for this. Glad you made it out to safe systems and didn't loose your ships.
    Try to get Zendrak to Incursions. It's nice income and you'll have some time to think about new ways.

    Fly safe mate o/

    ReplyDelete