Saturday 7 July 2012

Acting dumb and meeting new people

Yesterday was one of those roams where I don't get a kill, but interesting stuff happens anyway and I felt like recording it on this blog.

After the fun I had with my Wolf the other day, I decided to take out my armour Jaguar again and look for more blaster ships to mess with. I burned down to Ami, saw Local was skyhigh, and decided to hunt around the outskirts of the area instead. I ended up in Rannoze, sitting on a gate with a Vengeance piloted by Kalen Vox, who I chatted with ages back on one of my roams. We're just discussing our favourite Assault Frigates, and how to fit the Vengeance etc etc, when two people jump in, one a few minutes after the other.

The Armour Jaguar
Now with 100% more tracking disruptor asshattery!

The first pilot was Tumist Daphiti, the Rifter pilot I had murdered in my Wolf the night before. Once again I was impressed with his determination to get a kill, and chatted with him in Local for a bit, when a Hawk jumped in, and sat with me and Kalen on the gate. I was pretty certain I wouldn't be able to kill either pilot, so when the Hawk warped off, I didn't bother chasing him. Kalen however, was perfectly happy to murder another Assault Frigate, and warped off to look for him.

After what I assume was a long slugging match (for frigates anyway, fights are usually over in less than a minute), Kalen managed to murder the Hawk. Sounds like it was a good fight, I was just a little sad I couldn't watch. The Hawk pilot docked up, and we all kept chatting in Local. The talk slowly moved onto the subject of me blogging, and it was then Kalen noticed the presence of several combat scanner probes on D-Scan. I was on-top of the station by this point, and for some stupid reason I decided to tell the prober to stop wasting his time.

Seraph Minayin > lol, probing guy, I'm sitting on the first station


Yeah that was dumb, but nothing really seemed to happen. Not straight away anyway.

A few seconds after that another pilot in Local, Vultirnus, started chatting to me about blogging and revealed he also had a blog. "O rly" I said, "post a link"? Sure enough, he posts it, and surprisingly, it was a blog I had already read a few times and enjoyed quite alot, "Capsule in the Void" Small universe aint it? If you've never read it before, I recommend you do. He's got a dry sense of humour that's made me laugh a fair few times :P

So while I'm tabbed out checking out his most recent posts, and also adding his blog to my favourites on the side of my blog page, my EVE client starts making angry noises at me. Mainly Aura saying "THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY" over blaring shield alarms.

I tab back in to find Vultirnus' Pilgrim decloaked next to me, sucking out my cap and drowning me in drones. What horror! What a menace! The pure asshattery! Distracting me with his beguiling words while he sneaks up on my poor little Jaguar!

I spam the dock button, and luckily I'm close enough to the station that my Jaguar remains intact. We had a good laugh about it in Local, with Vultirnus utterly unashamed that he'd tried to murder me while I was AFK. Then again, the guy likes to murder Velators in safe spots. What can you expect from people who live in Wormholes? :P

We keep chatting of course. Trying to murder each other is just a fact of life in LowSec it seems...

Seraph Minayin > do moar pilgrim stuff
Seraph Minayin > LOVE that ship
Vultirnus > lol working on it
Vultirnus > but you ran away haha
Seraph Minayin > discretion is the better part of valour XD
Vultirnus > lol i was hoping my web could keep you away from docking but assault frigs are a little tough
Vultirnus > t1 would have popped
Seraph Minayin > true
Seraph Minayin > i was surprised my shields held so long
Vultirnus > shoulda used med drones too
Seraph Minayin > lucky i had aura telling me my cap was empty XD
Seraph Minayin > totally tabbed out
Vultirnus > hahaha
Vultirnus > i was a little panicked after almost decloaking on the station
Seraph Minayin > lol
Seraph Minayin > you could have uncloaked a bomber gang on me and i wouldnt have noticed
Vultirnus > killing afk frigates is apparently my MO


After a long chat in Local, Vultirnus and his corpmates (including the prober, derp by me there) had to get back to their wormhole opening, so we parted ways, and I headed onto Miroona, since the map was showing some limited activity, and I was hoping to catch some ratters. Because you know. I'm pro at PvP like that.

Along the way, I start matching warps with an Abaddon. He starts pewing at me as we come through the Jedandan gate in Miroona after I decloak to burn back to the gate. Of course, with me orbiting the gate at 500m at over 800m/s, he's missing every shot.


Please, keep shooting. I'm sure EVE's mechanics will
change to let you hit me any minute 

I laugh in Local chat and tell the locals (about 15 of them) there's an aggroed 'baddon on gate with me, in the hope they will come out and kill it, in the process letting me whore on the mail.

I didn't realise 90% of Local is the Abaddon's corp.

Of course, one of his corpmates turns up in a Harbinger, webs and scrams me, and starts shooting. Worried that the Abaddon will be able to track me now, I jump out before his lasers cycle again and obliterate me. I jump back in about a minute later and fill Local chat with some banter, but they're happy to leave me be apparently, and I head on back to HighSec.

So like I said, not a massively "LOLAWESUMKILL" roam, but it was pretty cool to meet a fellow blogger, and it taught me to check who the hell I'm talking to in Local before I call for help like an idiot :P

Fly safe, not derpy ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment