Wednesday 18 July 2012

No no no, loot first, THEN burn

So I've got a little story for you guys.

Today, two of my corpmates (Khan and Jester) decided to try their hand at gatecamping. Since we already have a LowSec POS, they decided to camp the HighSec gate leading in. So Khan Uitra gets into system first and reports a Rattlesnake and Broadsword kicking around, the Broadsword having already skirmished with Khan before. I hop into my Cyclone and start heading over to him, hoping for some more kills. However the two neutrals jump out soon after. (Of course, typical me, I keep going anyway incase they come back). Jester arrives in fast tackle.

Khan and Jester begin to camp the gate. I'm around 15 jumps out and totally unaware of what they're doing at this point. Within a few minutes of them waiting, a shuttle jumps in. They both lock it up, and Jester tackles it while Khan blows it to pieces. Same with the pod. Khan then has to warp off because his shields are low, and Jester has time to blow up the shuttle wreck while the guns focus on Khan (as we usually do on our roams to be fair).

Khan literally screams over TS and scares the living daylights out of me. I ask on TS what the **** just happened. Khan explains that Jester blew up the shuttle wreck before either of them could loot it, or even look inside it.

General consensus on TS is, "So what? It's a shuttle". Khan points out all the idiots transporting PLEXs in Rookie Ships, and we agree it's possible, but unlikely that the shuttle had expensive stuff in it. Personally at this point, I'm certain it's just an unlucky tourist. Khan and Jester start messing around, working out who got the mail. Khan finds it in his combat log.

Teamspeak
Khan : "Oh. My. God"
Me: "What? You're kidding. Was it expensive?"
Khan: "It's in corp chat..."


We all open the mail.
So yeah, dem blueprints

"Oh shit".

Capital and Battleship blueprints were apparently just chilling in the wreck when Jester exploded it. We have no idea if they were Originals or Copies, but I have no doubt everyone wanted them to be Originals, since those capital prints are worth about a billion each apparently.

Wisdom summed it up fairly well.

Wisdom: "Jester I'm going to pod you every day"

(Have no fear gentle reader, Jester is still very much loved :P)


So that's my interesting moment of the week. Hopefully next time, Jester remembers to loot before he burns ;)

2 comments:

  1. Those definitely look like originals. Killmails show a zero value for copies last I remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, well, apparently somebody was setting up a research POS in the system the other week, and you can't research copies...

    :'(

    ReplyDelete