Thursday 26 July 2012

Enough :smug: to go around

In case this is news to you guys, I recently have had to move into LowSec since I podded a few people and started engaging random haulers on gates. I'm currently at -5.0 security, which apparently makes me fair game for anyone passing by, because other frigates have started shooting at me on gates and stations.

Which is freaking awesome.

But anyway, this is just a fast update, so I thought I'd have a vague stab at dispelling the urban myth that "LowSec is either blobby or dead". Since I've been living here, I've noticed quite a few people looking for fights (solo), the only reason I've never seen them before is just because I've never been around at the same time as them. (And yes, that Firetail engaged me on station without any aggression on my part. I just whored on the mail basically) Oddly I've also seen a surprising number of people mining, who I quickly murdered because I found it funny. So everyone saying "HURR HURR, SOLO PVP IS DEAD AS A DODO IN LOWSEX LAWL" is wrong and they should feel bad.

Another fun thing I've enjoyed doing is shadowing roaming gangs. Then when they engage, say, a Cyclone with a stupidly high XLASB tank (I'll call it now, ancilliary shield boosters are going to get nerfed hard in the future), you can warp in at 100km, burn over to a vulnerable target, kick it in the face and then GTFO before they have a chance to do anything about it.

Yeah I was quite :smug: about that one.

Also the only ship I've lost so far was my HAM Drake, when I engaged what I thought was a ratting Machariel, which actually turned out to be a fully PvP-fit murder-beast of death. With guns. To say he destroyed me wouldn't even cover the amount of hurt he lay down on my poor Drake, but it was worth it for the tiny chance at a Machariel killmail :P


So if you couldn't tell from that shameless spray of killmails, my kills for this month have gone skyhigh in comparison to my usual monthly statistics. This also made me quite :smug:

The quality isn't great, but you can see me at the top :)
And I'm slightly worried that LowSec is turning me into an asshole, because I called in a friend when I tackled this Hawk, even though I was fully aware I would be able to kill him on my own. (this was also the first time I managed to slingshot somebody on my first try. I was very proud of myself :P). I just thought Faf would like to get on the mail :\

I need to get back to soloing stuff.

Fly safe ;)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Darkside! Nice kills all around. I hope to see you app'ing with r1fta soon, son!

    ReplyDelete