Monday 6 February 2012

It's a good thing I can run Incursions

Over the last week or so of me attempting PvP, I have spent over 30mil on ships, modules and rigs. Experimenting with an Arbitrator didn't end too well either and cost an extra 7-8 mil. It's made me realise quite how much the markets are driven by the demand created by PvP fights. For the guy selling Republic Fleet ammo and Punishers, I've probably contributed about 20 mil to his coffers. And I'm barely doing PvP in comparison to some players! I can only imagine the ISK NullSec Alliances spend purely on ammo, let alone ships and fittings.

The pure cost of sucking at PvP has shown me I'm going to need some more ISK before I devote myself entirely to asskicking (or getting asskicked, similar idea). So I have two solutions, run a load of Incursions and live off those profits for awhile (yawn), or start retraining my industrial/hauler alt into a Uber-Trader and make passive ISK through that.
Market PvP, here I come!

I'm sorta leaning towards the trader option, purely because it seems much more fun. Also I've not really dabbled much in the economic side of EVE besides lining the pockets of frigate builders. So I'd quite like to see it from the "other side of the fence" as it were, and make some money while I'm at it. If I do well then I may write a little about it on this blog, and if not... well it'll make a good "What not to do" guide ;)

I've worked out a skill plan in Eve-Mon, bought the skills I need and whacked the first few in the oven. My alt had a nice 250mil of my Incursion payments added to his wallet, and I've invested pretty much all of it into the market already on items I reckon will sell. I'm probably going to lose all my ISK knowing my luck...

But if I get rich, I'll let you know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment