Wednesday 1 February 2012

A snag with the Punisher...

One problem I found with my Punisher today was the fact I had no way of dealing with frigates using cap boosters, other than wearing them down through the use of my nos. Hardly an elegant solution and it takes a hell of alot of time to do it, enough time that in lowsec, it would probably get you blobbed.

However in High-sec duels, this is less of a problem. Blobbing only happens if you take from a can that clearly is owned by a corp with about 50000000000 frigate kills. I normally drop my own can, because blobbing the other guy is no fun to me, I want a fun fight. (come to Amarr if you want some awesome duels, it's not just me hanging around outside the station). But today I realised the horror of neutral alts/friends repping the guy you're trying to kill. Which lead to this.
Time for a new ship...

While I'm a little disappointed I didn't get the kill, I'm glad I've had the experience that tells me if the other guy is cap boosting, expect him to call for help. By the end of the fight I was barely keeping my repper on, but I had got into Yabbiy's hull. And that's when a nearby Osprey turned flashy red, and Yabbiy's shields went back up to full. At this point I knew I was dead. My cap was nearly out, my repper was overheated to the point where I was certain it was about to die, and my guns were in a similar position. It was inevitable I would lose. No surprise comeback for the plucky underdog today ;)

We private convoed after I had gone all splodey and I admired Yabbiy's fit despite his use of a repping buddy. I've never seen a cap-boosting Punisher before, and it was surprisingly effective. To my dismay, Yabbiy told me that he had run out of cap-boosters right at the end, which was why the Osprey intervened. To say I was devastated  would give you an small idea of how I felt. If that Osprey hadn't been there, I would be the proud winner of a true "gf" and pleased I had beaten a player so much more experienced than me, in both skill points and PvP. Yabbiy mentioned he was impressed by my fit too, and was intrigued to see it, so atleast I can say I had some sort of surprise advantage over older players? Grasping at straws I know :D


Tl;dr Cap-boosting ships are a problem. And neutral reppers make me sad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment