Tuesday 19 August 2014

Just take out two ribs at this rate (More skillplan talk)

So last time I talked about Seraph, but what's Zendrak been doing?

Boringly he's been maxing out skills for capitals. I've got some seriously long skills under my belt on him, like Amarr Carrier V, Tactical Logistics Reconfiguration V, and all of the jump drive skills to V too. I'm only a little smug about those skills being done.

 But now I'm not sure what I want to do.

Currently Zen is just chugging along with capital shield support skills, since I'm hoping when CCP eventually get around to balancing capitals, the Chimera will become a shield Archon. Hell, even if the Chimera doesn't get buffed, I can just get Caldari Cruiser V for the Basilisk so I can fly in Incursion fleets when I feel like some easy ISK. Also the Chimera is sexy as hell, so flying one would make my e-peen grow a few more inches. Essentially I'm trying to "future-proof" Zendrak from nerfs and buffs, but besides this I don't really know. I have a few ideas but it's tough to decide, so I'll lay them out.

Option 1 - Capital Pilot Perfection
Basically I keep on the track I'm currently on, finishing off basic skills to sit in all the carriers (Expensive skillbooks though, ouch), getting JF V and the ability to fly all of them since I can already fly the Anshar and the Ark. Then I can start getting gunnery skills together and look towards a Revelation or Naglfar. I don't want to have the ability to fly all the dreads since that would be overkill. Honestly one would be enough, or even one armour dread and one shield dread. After all that's done (which is obviously alot) I could perhaps look towards a Supercarrier. The problem is that the only super I'd be willing to fly is the Nyx because the Aeon hull looks so ugly. If I'm lucky though, by the time I reach this stage CCP will have redone the Aeon hull so it's actually fully built.


SERIOUSLY IT'S SO UGLY
(Screenshot credit to Fen Zavda)

Another problem is that I'd need a holding toon for whenever Zendrak wasn't flying the Nyx, which is a bit of a pain in the ass, plus it'd pretty much require me to have a third account which I don't particularly want to deal with. So there's limits to how far I'd want to skill for capitals, especially seeing as I'd never be able to use my super unless I joined Null-Sec again, or some big LowSec hotdropping alliance like Shadow Cartel.

Option 2 - Utility
This is the simpler, cheaper and potentially more interesting option than training pure capitals. In this plan I'd start grabbing useful secondary skills for Zendrak so I can fly him alongside Seraph.

For example, I could max out scanning skills and use Zen to scan down NullSec exploration sites and scout, while Seraph completes the sites and carries the loot around, which sounds pretty fun in my book (well okay, making shit tons of ISK sounds like fun). Plus if Seraph is in something like a Pilgrim, I can use Zendrak to scan down people running anomalies before warping in and murdering them. Alternatively Zen could train for a Noctis or even a Rattlesnake and help me blitz missions so I can pay for more PvP stuff with dat mad ISK. Hell I could go balls to the wall crazy and duo box marauders with the two of them. But I think that's probably a bit much. I could also max out leadership skills and be a massive elitesololinkfaggotwarrior or "ESLFW" but I don't really like the idea of that (if you couldn't tell). So there's lots of potential here, but I don't know if I want an alt that covers areas my main already does to a decent degree.

Option 3 - Industrial Revolution
I've never really got into the manufacturing/industry side of EVE but I could quite easily train Zendrak so I can dabble with it and see where it goes. I've always loved the idea of starting a capital production chain and churning out Archons and such, but the startup costs of the blueprints etc is enough to put me off. However with the Crius expansion now released, maybe all that has changed, since the industry UI is apparently a thousand times easier to use and understand. With a small investment or two in BPCs, maybe I can start my dream of building for the constant war machine that is New Eden.


Corax under construction! :D

Even if capital production is a little out of my reach, I could look into building subcapitals, perhaps even selling them to my corp so they don't have to get them from Jita and ship them over to our home system. It's a nice little dream, and something I'd definitely like to try, but is Zendrak the character to do it with? I'm not sure currently.


So I've got alot of places I could go with my characters, especially when you consider the three "minor" alts I have that aren't doing anything currently except taking up my character slots, but I don't know what I want to do with them right now so they'll have to wait. But that's enough talking about skillplans for this year, I'm sure you're sick of reading about them too!

But fear not, my desktop should be back either tomorrow or the day after, and I plan to go out and die gloriously. Then I'll tell you about it and probably complain about how rusty I am at PvP.

Fly safe!


Also if you got the joke in the title of this post, I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment