Thursday 14 August 2014

Technology sucks

I bought a brand new gaming desktop a few weeks back, because I've never actually owned a good PC in my life. I used to play EVE on my laptop for christ sakes, and frankly it's a miracle that EVE is so compatible even with old machines, else I would have been reduced to playing games like Snake or Tetris.

Things were going so perfectly with my new machine, it was a huge step up from where I used to be. Games would automatically switch all settings to "Ultra" or "High", gameplay was always smooth and I felt I could wave my dick around with the rest of the PC Gaming Master Race. Or atleast I could until I killed the damn thing.

One morning she just wouldn't wake up. I pressed the power button, the fans started, she beeped softly as usual, then... Nothing. Black screen, keyboard wouldn't react, mouse was dark. My PC just sat there, blank, silent and judging except for the low hum of fans trying to cool components that were no longer working. Tearfully I rang the company who built it for me (I'm lazy shut up) and they tried to help me save her but it was too late. I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

Breaking down I begged the nice man on the phone to take her to the PC Hospital. He agreed, and yesterday I boxed her up with loving hands, trying not to sob as the concerned looking courier carried her from my doorstep. She's probably sitting on a cold operating table as I write this, opened up so she can have life saving surgery. It makes my heart ache to think of but it was the only thing I could do. I hope my baby will be back soon :'(

Until then, EVE updates will be short on the ground because, well, I refuse to play on my laptop since I've experienced the beauty of EVE at maximum settings. It would be a betrayal :(

Fly safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment