Thursday 8 March 2012

How tiresome


So I log in today and I have a notification:


Lonetrek Salvage and Scrap Declares War Against Adamas Anima
From: CONCORD
Sent: 2012.03.08 02:10


Lonetrek Salvage and Scrap has declared war on Adamas Anima.
Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved.


Awesome, I've been wanting to get my PvP on for a while now...
I quickly check my Corp messages, hoping for some intel of what we'll be up against, maybe even some suggested fits and tactics to use against favored enemy fits. What I actually found was this (edited due to corp secrecy :P)

************

Incoming War
From: *********
Sent: 2012.03.08 03:58
To: Adamas Anima,


Souls:


The incoming war from Lonetrek Salvage and Scrap is purely intent on griefing us.  Their exceptional win percentage (100% most months) shows that they're most likely using out-of-corp alts to abuse the war dec mechanics (in an unfortunately legal way) and make any sort of victory in high sec impossible.  In an attempt to ensure that we do not feed them kills, and that we don't have to be in a futile state of war that does nothing for us, we are going to make the war uneventful for them.


During the war these activities will be forbidden:
- Missioning
- Ratting
- Mining
- Travelling in anything other than a shuttle
************
Attempting to fight people with far more experience and skill than us in situations they are accustomed to can only lead to us feeding them kills, by boring them with little, to no kills, they will not be interested in continuing the war.
************



Well that puts a right downer on my plans. I mean, I have nothing against this decision. I perfectly understand the position the corp has taken, and I support it myself. Getting our ships and our killboard slaughtered by experienced PvPers with neutral RR is a futile and self-destructive task.

It's just annoying that it had to happen while I was getting my alt into the swing of manufacturing, and with my manufacturing station three jumps out from Amarr, there is no way I can sneak my Bestower through the inevitable station camping. So my alt will be restricted to trading until this war ends, and my main will be stuck twiddling his thumbs in station.

Ah well. Hopefully they'll get bored with non-existent targets and we'll be back to normal within a week or so. But of course that means my blog posts will be mostly trade/theory based until then.

Sorry in advance about the lack of action in the coming days :)



*Edit: Most of my corp seems indifferent to the wardec, because (and I quote): *


Elliott Carr > They picked a bad time, ME3 just came out.

3 comments:

  1. So, what are you allowed to do? Right now, it sounds like all you're allowed to sit in station and spin/trade.

    Maybe it'd be worth setting up a log-on trap at a mission? Have a few guys logged-out in a mission with you, and then sit at the mission entrance. Enemy scans you down, tries to solo you only to find out you got friends logging in to kick him in the nuts. Could be a good time. Would probably only work once or twice though...

    My alliance gets wardecs every week lol. Because of that, my corp is essentially banned from hi-sec (people who die to wardeccers in hi-sec get kicked).

    Quick research on eve-kill.net shows that they mostly operate solo or in 2-3 man gangs, and always in very expensive ships. So far, I've not seen them use ECM at all. The majority of their ships seem set up to brawl, which means that if you can scram their ships, they are done for (if you have more speed, it seems like they use scrams as well, occasionally it'll be a webbing loki).

    Given this, I would probably set up a log-on trap, the more the better. Maybe a 2 man RR-armor gang as bait with MWDs and scrams/webs (vexors, exquerors, etc), the rest logged out in system somewhere in a safe spot so that they can quickly warp to you. And always, the more ridiculous smack talk, the better lol.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan actually, I'll have to mention it to our PvP director and see if we could work something out :D

    The bits I edited out of the mail were what we ARE allowed to do (we're not just restricted to ship spinning :P), and some plans that are being put in place ;) No need to give spies useful info about what we're planning XD

    ReplyDelete