Friday 16 March 2012

Not another skill plan...

* While I've already spoken about my main's skill plan, I never actually mentioned what my alt was getting up to. Once again, if you don't care, feel free to skip this post :) *

I seem to be making alot of skill plans recently. In a fit of being an utter sadass, I've already started planning Seraph's second year. But I then realised that I hadn't actually started a plan for my alt, Zendrak, and he was just training Production Efficiency V while I tried to decide what to train him for next. I was considering training him in Logistics, but I can already run Incursions with my main, so getting another pilot to run them is a bit of a waste of time.

Obviously I already have Seraph for combat, so instead I decided to base Zendrak around manufacturing, mining and hauling. He can already fly a Hulk with semi-decent skills, which is enough to help out with corp mining ops, and I have a (poorly skilled) Bestower for moving manufactured stuff.

The only problem I'm really encountering so far is a lack of manufacturing slots and a lack of cargo space. Moving eighty-four Punishers is painful as hell with only 20k m3 of cargo space. That's alot of trips. Also, only three manufacturing slots is seriously cutting into my ability to mass produce stuff, therefore also capping my ISK production :P

So I based my skill plan around those areas, more manufacturing and more cargo. The obvious choice for a new transport ship would be a freighter, most likely a Providence, but they're extremely expensive right now (Almost 1.2 bil including skillbooks).

Mmmm Orca...
So instead, my midterm goal is an Orca for transporting products. It's far more affordable and is also useful for the corp, as I can boost mining ops. Two birds with one stone ftw. Also, being able to transport more will seriously aid making ISK also, as I can spend less time hauling crap, and spend more time looking for sweet deals to take advantage of.



After my Orca, I'll get some manufacturing skills up, then move on to other transport options, like Freighters and Jump Freighters. But clearly I'm going to need alot of support skills to fly these ships well, so my actual plan looks more like this:

- Orca/Leadership skills
- Manufacturing skills to IV/V
- Tanking skills, like Shield Management V and Mechanic V
- Transport ship skills (For slipping supplies into our POS when it gets moved into more dangerous space)
- Navigation skills (LOTS of navigation skills, Freighters are not known for speed)
- Freighter skills
- Rigging skills
- Refinery skills
- Jump Freighter skills (Jump Drive Calibration and such)

Time for completion (as of this post): 358 days, 23 hours and 42 minutes :(

Obviously I'm going to have to earn the ISK to pay for these ships aswell, but hopefully by this time next year, I'll start training for T2 Manufacturing, Research skills and maybe even some Capital Construction :P

It's a long road, but the rewards will be epic. I've already thought of a name for my Providence :D

Hot damn...

2 comments:

  1. If the order of your plan is setup as posted, Id suggest moving navigation and rigging to the front of the lines tbh. If you cant use them now, cargo rigs are extremely nice to have, and if you rare lose your hauling ship, t2 cargo rigs are exspensive but nice boost to cargo size as well.

    If youre able to and not against it, I would suggest training for a freighter prior to the Orca and buying it by selling some PLEX. If its in high sec, you will 99.9% of the time, never lose the ship, so it would be a one time real money cost. If you go for freighter, do it first, then nav and rig skills.

    Just a new readers point of view =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas, I agree that I probably need way better Nav skills before I buy the Orca!

    And I like the idea of getting a Freighter first, but I have this weird thing against using PLEX, I'd rather pay for it through my own efforts :P PLEX just seems like the boring route for me, but I have nothing against people who fund their accounts using them :D

    And of course, welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete