Monday 5 March 2012

Oh yeah I was meant to be trading...

Quick "derp" post here...

Well, being the genius I am, I totally forgot that my alt was meant to be updating orders and stuff. (You know, being a pro trader and all). "Totally forgot" of course meaning; "I got sick of fighting 0.01 ISK wars" :)

Which means my orders have barely moved after being on market for about a week. On the upside I made about 30 million within those four or so days when I actually "remembered" my orders. On the downside, they've been nowhere near the best deals in Amarr for the rest of that week. So yeah, trading can earn you some decent, semi-passive income if you actually pay attention to it...

I have alot of random things lying around my hangar that I'm having trouble selling on. Most of it isn't worth much, but the margins were decent on several items so I dived right in. Turns out the reason the margins were so good was because the module barely drops and I bought about two in four days.

So while each sale netted me about 400K profit, it didn't happen often. Whereas my afterburners which dropped all the damn time netted me about 10k profit per sale, and I bought in the region of 400 of the damn things. There's a lesson to be learnt here...

But recently I've been looking more into manufacturing. T1 sounded boring, but T2 seems complex as hell, even after I spent about an two hours and three hot chocolates looking up guides and trying to stop my brain melting. T3 manufacturing is even more complicated, and Capital manufacturing (like freighters) is way out of my league at this point. Sigh. T1 it is.

Right now I've only got three production lines running (need more Mass Production) but I'm more worried about training Production Efficiency V, so I can build things with minimal waste (saving ISK is always a good thing :P). There is a serious lack of certain ships in my station (think suicide ganks) and the prices are stupidly high, so I'm rushing a few out to cash in while it's still at almost 120% of the normal price :D I'm also looking into rig production, as I can get most of the salvage from Level 4 missions anyways. I'm still going to try and remember to do trading at the same time. Maybe get into some higher margin markets too (like 3 million per unit with 200 - 600k profit).


So if you want to be a pro trader, remember to actually well, trade. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment