Friday 2 March 2012

Sometimes, I'm a retard

Like today. When I was roaming in LowSec and was having difficulty finding anyone to kill.

Atleast until I rolled up in Sapthar and saw a Retribution on D-scan. I wasn't that sure I could kill it, but I was bored of jumping through empty systems, so I started trying to scan him down. Within about a minute (I'm slowly getting better with this thing :P) I had scanned him down to...

Empty space? What...?

Then I realised I was being dumb and opened my system scanner. Two Blood Raider sites and a Rogue Drone site. Judging from the wrecks on D-Scan, I assumed he would be in the Blood Raider site. I warped to the first one.

Bingo. It looked like he was speed tanking two Blood Raider battleships with a MWD. I had a scrambler fitted. I started grinning at this point, if I could hold him still, those battleships would smash him into a pulp. I would have no chance soloing an AF usually, but with the rats adding their DPS, I felt confident he would explode. I just had to hold him down long enough for the rats to nail him :\

Please don't run, please don't run...

I started burning straight at him, hoping he hadn't noticed me yet. At 40ish km away, he had ample time to GTFO, but I steadily got closer and started locking him. His orbit on the rat was swinging him right towards me, so I switched off my AB to stop me from overshooting him (pro PvP move right there XD) and losing scram range. The moment he hit 9km, I hit ALL TEH BUTTONZ.

Seriously. ALL OF THEM


My scram and web cut his speed from over 700m/s to under 150m/s in an instant. I turned my guns on and prepared my armour rep. For about five seconds, he appeared to do nothing, and I wonder if he's panic-frozen. Then he starts locking me up, and strips me down to armour within two bursts of his lasers. I turn on my rep, then realise it's do or die and whack it on overheat. He's hammering the crap out of me, but those two battleship rats can now actually hit him, and are crushing him to a pulp. All respect to the pilot, we hit hull at pretty much the same time, and I had two battleships backing me up!

Even so once he hit hull, one of the rats must have got off a wrecking shot, because he exploded just as I was expecting to die myself. My jaw dropped. I had technically soloed an Assault Frigate, and won. 

RIFTER Y U NO DED


To say I was happy would be an understatement.

Corp chat: 
Seraph Minayin > WOOOOO JUST SOLOED A FREAKIN RETRIBUTION IN A RIFTER
"Most of corp" > Lol nice/gratz dude

I turned around my ship as fast as possible and looted his wreck. I saw a flash of faction mods, and had ISK dancing through my mind. Unfortunately, this richness seemed to have turned off my intelligence, and I warped to a gate, expecting the cavalry to arrive any second and deep fry my Rifter with more lasers.

Yeah a gate. Facepalm


Boom went the Rifter. Plus the faction mods :(

 But wait! They survived?!

Lossmail:
2012.03.02 21:21:00

Victim: Seraph Minayin
Corp: Adamas Anima
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Unknown
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Naka
Security: 0.3
Damage Taken: 535

Involved parties:

Name: Amarr Sentry Gun / Amarr Navy (laid the final blow)
Damage Done: 535

Destroyed items:

Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S, Qty: 140 
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
True Sansha Adaptive Nano Plating (Cargo)
Warp Scrambler II 
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I 
Medium Pulse Laser II (Cargo)
Small Projectile Burst Aerator I 
150mm Light AutoCannon II 
Small Armor Repairer II 
Micro Capacitor Booster I (Cargo)
Damage Control II 
Nanite Repair Paste, Qty: 87 (Cargo)
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I 
Barrage S, Qty: 2431 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Centii C-Type Small Armor Repairer (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S, Qty: 280 
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S, Qty: 2 (Cargo)
Gistii B-Type 1MN Afterburner (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S, Qty: 1001 (Cargo)
True Sansha Thermic Plating (Cargo)
Scorch S (Cargo)
Heat Sink II (Cargo)
E5 Prototype Energy Vampire 
Republic Fleet EMP S, Qty: 1000 (Cargo)
1MN Afterburner II 
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I 
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Qty: 2 
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I 
Cap Booster 50, Qty: 12 (Cargo)



Corp chat:
Seraph Minayin > ARGGHH I NEED PICKUP NOW FOR FACTION LOOT [System Linked]
Kahn Uitra > crap, 18 jumps
Seraph Minayin > OH GOD PLEASE ANYONE
Elliot Carr > 23 jumps :(
Myopic Thyne > I'm in Jita, 24 jumps
Seraph Minayin > NOOOOO
Jake Sazeban > 10 jumps?
Seraph Minayin > GET A FRIGATE
Kahn Uitra > GOOOOO
Jake Sazeban > what frigate?
Seraph Minayin > ANYTHING

Suffice to say I was panicking, despite the fact these mods weren't worth much more than an Incursion HQ site. Odd I know, but it was MY loot, and I was terrified somebody else would get to the wreck before Jake arrived (My GCC was still at around 13 minutes by this point, no ship for me).

Then the worst happened...

Jake was only five or six jumps out, when somebody jumping through noticed the wreck and tootled over.
Sigh.

Corp chat:
Jake Sazeban > where are you in system
Seraph Minayin > warp to me in a sec
Seraph Minayin > fuck
Seraph Minayin > dont bother
Seraph Minayin > turn around
Seraph Minayin > somebody just looted it
Jake Sabezan > awwh :(
Seraph Minayin > :'(
Jake Sabezan > sure?
Seraph Minayin > defintely
Jake Sabezan > k
Seraph Minayin > :(
Jake Sabezan > sorry
Seraph Minayin > dw
Seraph Minayin > my fault XD
Seraph Minayin > should have remembered the guns


Well that was utterly my fault really, so I can only blame myself. :(  

30mil down, but atleast I got a nice killmail out of it :D

Note to self. GATE GUNS ARE BLOODY DANGEROUS TO FRIGATES.

Tl;dr Don't be like me. Think of the gates :\





1 comment: