Saturday 26 May 2012

First kill of Inferno!

In honour of my brand spanking new launchers adorning my even sexier Vengeance (If such a thing were possible) I decided to take Project K, the fully pimped version, out into LowSec, and score a kill or two to mark the release of the Inferno expansion. Amazingly, I didn't die.
New launchers - awesome even with terrible graphics settings

And by some miracle, I killed a ship too.

The roam

So I started the roam in Naguton and the surrounding area. I wandered around Gallente LowSec for a while before realising I knew absolutely nothing about the "patterns" of the area so to speak, and plotted a twenty jump trip through LowSec towards the Ami/Chej area. I know, I'm like a broken record when it comes to Ami, but it's the area I feel most comfortable in roaming around, and I know which corps are likely to blob me, and which are likely to have a few new PvPers wandering around looking for experience (much like myself).

The only thing was, all the systems between Naguton and Chej were completely deserted. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, that's pretty weird for the area. I think I found out the reason why though in Nebian. There turned out to be a huge armour T3/Battleship gang camping the gate, and of course, just to really fuck with anyone trying to crash the camp, they had a freaking Thanatos carrier supporting them, no doubt stuffed to the gills with RR.

Like the true PvP all-star I am, I went through the gate after spamming jump about fifty bazillion times then warped to a random planet as fast as my overview would load. Nobody followed me, but I decided it would be too risky to keep flying with massive gangs around, and logged off for the night.

The next day...
Using the Map like a boss to find targets. Thanks Sard!

The next day, looking forward to some pew pew, I undocked and poked around the general area, slowly working my way back to Pananan and Gademam. I hoped to find some ratters before I hopped back into Amdonen and returned to Amarr. There was very little in any of the systems, except for Bridi, where I played a game with an Arty-Hurricane. He tried to alpha my ass off, and I tried to get close enough to utterly screw up his tracking and tackle him.
Sadly the pilot (afHorunge) wasn't dumb enough to let me get into web/scram range, and I wasn't stupid enough to let my transversal drop low enough for him to blow me to smithereens. After dancing around each other at ranges between 30 - 50km (during which he launched drones and I tore them apart before they even broke my shields) he got bored, warped off, and then left system a few minutes later.

Disappointed at my failure to LOLWTFPWN an Arty-Cane (if I was under his guns, he would have been screwed :P), I moved into Daran, scared the shit out of a ratting Omen (he escaped) and then moved on into Pananan. Nope, nothing. I jumped back into Daran and saw a new person in Local. Hopefully he would be ratting too?

I warped to the centre of the system and pinged D-Scan. An Ishkur popped up. Having a total brain-fart moment, I couldn't remember if the Ishkur was the T2 Frigate, or the T2 Cruiser. While racking my brains I scanned him down to a belt only a few AU away. Giving up on my terrible memory, I googled it.

It was the Assault Frigate. We're in business! (The T2 cruiser is the Ishtar incase you're wondering).

I quickly checked the pilot (Hadon Radin) on BattleClinic and found his typical Ishkur fit. No explosive resist whatsoever. Awesome. Blaster fit with a long point, and a tracking disruptor instead of a web. Odd choice but ok. I decided to try and hold him at range with my super-l33t faction web to mitigate his blaster damage and then kick the crap out of him with my rockets before he could escape.

I'm a master tactician I know.

I loaded my faction Nova Rockets (I found out earlier this week that faction rockets have better explosion velocity vs small targets than T2 rockets apparently. Oops) and warped into the belt. I landed at zero, and found we were about 25-30km from each other. No way I could catch him if he tried to run. "Well damn" I thought "I'm not getting this fight unless he wants to engage". I sat there for a while, deciding there was no point running after him because he could just warp, and maybe my apparent indecision would give him the confidence to come gunning for me.

Whatever his thinking was, he decided to burn at me while flinging Hobgoblin IIs my way. I knew from tests with corpmates that I could easily tank a flight of drones and ignored them, instead focusing on his ship. I webbed him at 14km and proceeded to orbit at 5.5km, so my nosferatu could keep sucking his cap if I needed it. His blasters wiped out my shields with two volleys, and did decent damage to my armour. Luckily he was to far away to land consistent hits, and in between the volleys I was easily repping away his damage. Strategy ftw!

During all of this, my rockets were making a terrible mess of his hull. With pretty much no explosive resist besides his Damage Control, I was tearing huge chunks out of his armour with every volley. His rep kept pulling him back, but I was in his hull fairly fast, and he soon exploded. A valiant fight from a beautiful ship (I have a secret "thing" for Gallente designs).

"Gf" was exchanged in Local, and I moved in to loot his wreck while he warped off in his pod. I didn't bother trying to catch it, I have no urge to slaughter my security status at this point, and ransoms aren't really my style (though I've managed it before). I caught a flash of something shiny, before clicking "loot all" and scooping his drones too. They fetch a decent price, and I'm hoping I might one day live off my PvP loot. (Yeah, fat chance, which is why I have my alt :P).

I waited for my aggression to fade, then docked up and checked out my spoils.

Some faction ammo, meh. (I don't use blasters at the moment)
Meta 4 long point, not bad. (Sell it!)
Some T2 blaster stuff, pretty decent. (Sell it some more!)
A Corpii C-Type Small Nosferatu. - Sweeet. The exact one I have fitted to my ship too :)

New killmails are much prettier than before. Well played CCP
Inferno's sexy new price estimate told me my loot was worth around 16mil. Sounds a bit much to me, I was guessing around 12-13 mil, but it's close enough.

Either way, I'm not complaining about a good fight and good loot.

Fly safe ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment