Saturday 15 June 2013

Acceptance

I've already developed a weird sense of pride when I see this
So a few days ago I was accepted into the Nul-li-fy [NUL-L] corp and became part of the Nulli Secunda Alliance, which is part of the wider N3 Coalition.

There's alot of "N"s flying around here.

But I'm having fun so far, everything is very new and exciting. Currently I'm just catching up with everything that's going on now I have access to TS3, Jabber, and the Alliance forums/wiki. It's all very organised and official. I've also sold off pretty much all of Seraph's old ships, since NullSec is much more about T2 and T3 ships for fleets rather than my T1 tackle frigates and whatnot. (At the moment I'm sort of in ship limbo waiting for us to deploy so I can buy ships for fleet doctrines).

Then I podjumped down to I-NGI8 in Immensea. For those of you that don't have a clue where that is (I sure as hell didn't), it's in the "South-East" of EVE, not far from Curse or Providence. After a quick wander round the system and a chat in the corp channels, I fitted myself up a ratting Drake (which I bought down there for only like 10%+ Jita price, which was pretty reasonable) and ran a few anomalies. I needed to refit my Drake slightly for the last few waves, but it was pretty stable overall, and I made some decent cash. I've been told that I've joined just at the end of "Jewing Week", a mildly offensive (but funny) name for what essentially means "make ISK". So corp tax is at 0.0% and pretty much our whole alliance is out ratting/mining etc to make ISK before the next deployment.

I'm not sure if I should be talking about our next deployment here, but I'm going to do it anyway since we're moving over the weekend and it's going to be pretty obvious where we've deployed then. Plus if I'm not allowed I'll get a slap on the wrist by my CEO in a few days, which I'm fine with.

Basically we've been told that we're deploying into Aridia, which is LowSec. Some of you are probably wondering why a NullSec alliance is moving into a LowSec region, but it's pretty simple. Aridia is the nearest LowSec region to Fountain, which is where the current war is going down between the Goons/CFC and TEST Alliance. Yeah.

There's going to be lots of fights. I can't wait!

Also several people in my corp reckon that if the CFC lose this war (that's still a big "if"), it'll be the end of Goons. Interesting to talk about but honestly I don't really mind the Goons personally. I'm happy to shoot whoever I'm told. Maybe that makes me no better than the other F1 button mashers, but at the moment I just want to be part of some massive fleet clashes.

So bite me.


Good luck out there guys :)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, sir! Null sec can be awesome fun or terrible shit times and sometimes both at once! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess you'll be deploying around either Sakht or Naga. Congrats on getting in. Be wary of joining CTAs, I have a feeling most will be centered around joining the big fights in Fountain, and the fights can take 2-4 hours on average. Just keep that in mind when you think about joining a fleet, ie, can you stay that long.

    A good rule of thumb is to hold off on the news until it happens. The Leadership tends to know everything a few days beforehand, but if you keep it under wraps until it's done, it's fewer camps along your travel route to deal with (people picking off cynos for example, or gatecamps)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in 0.0 !

    PLanning this step for my self (soon) and it looks like we will be neighbours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad to see you out there Jez :D

      Hopefully we'll be on the same side ;)

      Delete