Saturday 1 June 2013

The Faction Warfare Experience

You know what's fun? Alpha Talwar fleets.

No, I don't think you understand.

Alpha. Fucking. Talwar. Fleets.

Sounds ridiculous no? Well it is.

It's also so OP it had our entire fleet crying with laughter when we shot things. I think our FC was literally in tears when he ordered us to open fire at some points. So here's a little run through of what the fleet was like for you guys...


We were gate camping. We're scum/assholes/no-skill dickbags I know. But we were camping several gates if that makes it any better. We'd sit on one gate for a while, get bored and warp off to another system as the people jumping in died and warned their Minmatar Militia buddies about us.

So I'm sitting with the fleet, probably about twenty-five of us scattered around this gate. There's three or four of us (including me) in fast tackle Condors. I'm talking dual seboed, 3.2k scan resolution Condors. They lock so fast you can catch goddamn interceptors. Tell me that's not OP. Anyway, the rest of us are mainly in Talwars, fit with light missiles, target painters and as many BCUs as will fit on. Literally no tank except MWD + range, and blapping people dumb enough to try and kill us. Of course we've got a few special snowflakes along with us who thought that "Alpha Talwar fleet" meant "yeah just bring anything you can get your hands on. Coercer? Yeah sure. Merlin? Fuck it why not".

I digress.

We're sitting on some gate in Dal, shitposting up Local chat and generally having an awesome/drunk time on comms.  Then the gate fires. We quieten down a little as we wait to see what decloaks. For the fiftieth time someone says:

"Bet you it's friendly"

We ignore him. Then I see a flash of orange on my overview. A Rupture!

"War target, War target!"
"Condors, point the bastard!"
"Point on Rupture!"
"Hahahaa fire, fire!"

The Rupture gets hit by eleven different Talwar's volleys, along with various fire from random ships we've picked up on the way. His tank lasts about half a second, shields and armour collapsing straight into hull. A second volley finishes him off. We grab the pod too, but it's empty.

We're in fits of laughter again.

"Oh god this is insane".

We hang around for a few more minutes. Nothing else comes through. The FC calls for us to align out for another gate, when the gate fires again. We all stop. We wait.

War Target Brutix uncloaks, already MWDing back to gate.

"Point!" I shout, barely able to talk through my hysterics. We were all pretty drunk by this point I think.

Our Talwars fire away. One cycle, quarter armour. Second cycle, dead.

To add insult to injury, I manage to catch his pod. All the fast tacklers whore on it, then it gets popped. We roam around some more, blap some more fools but then I have to head to bed. Thanking everyone for a great night, I log off, still laughing. A quiet night for kills, but a fun one!



So that's the typical Alpha Talwar fleet experience. Want to join in? Then come apply to the Amarr Militia. We're not fussy about who joins!


Good luck out there guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment