Monday 3 June 2013

Seraph is a big dirty carebear... And it's pretty fun

Recently (i.e, the last few weeks) I haven't been PvPing much.

I mean yeah, I've been out solo and got some lucky kills (other guys are from a previous fight I assume) and had some close fights (he was part of a ten man kiting gang. I killed him and then managed to get out because nobody bothered to point me).

Repair quote from the SFI fight. That's some pretty expensive
heat damage right there (usually it's like 10k repair)


But mainly I've been focusing my attention on Zendrak, and by extension; Incursions, trading, manufacturing and hauling. But not mining. I'm not that far gone yet. And oddly, it's quite serene and a nice change after the pew pew of the last month.

I know right, I'm enjoying being a carebear D:

But seriously, it's pretty nice to switch between the two, and I think this ability is keeping me interested in EVE. A while back I got bored with EVE and stopped playing for about a month, before dragging myself back after seeing several awesome trailers. I think the fact that as I work towards one goal on Seraph for example (actually just out of interest, Seraph is currently training all cruisers to V), it's nice to switch to Zendrak and find I've achieved a goal on that account. It feels much more rewarding overall, and I think I won't be having another month long absence any time soon!

But I'm definitely enjoying the whole process of making ISK in HighSec, purely because I haven't done it in so long. I've started to focus on trading much more, as although I've dabbled before, I never really made a decent profit with it. However, after reading up on some blogs (Gevlon Goblin of course) and making some educated risks based on what I know people buy alot of (hint, PvP stuff) I've started hauling stuff between hubs, mainly from Jita -> Amarr or Jita -> Rens. If you've got a good eye, you can spot a decent trading opportunity pretty fast. I'd estimate I'm making a minimum 10% on items that I'm moving, which adds up quickly when you're moving stuff worth say four or five mil per unit. The best part is, you don't even have to move it yourself. You've got Push Industries and Red Frog Freight if you're lazy like me, or if you don't want to risk billions in your cargo (which I haven't done yet).

So I set up my orders, check them maybe twice every four hours or so (the joys of being a student) and while that's ticking away in the background, I'm running some incursions or dabbling in industry. I like the process of industry too, but I'm too impatient to focus into it properly. Plus I'm really bad at spreadsheets.

Ignoring the ISK I got from selling my last "un-named" alt, which was a cool 7.25 billion, (I'm back down to just Seraph and Zendrak now, instead of the four accounts I had earlier this year) I've gone from around 3 billion ISK to around 4.3billion in about a week and a half. That's including having to PLEX Zendrak's account about halfway through.

Dammnnn.

And the worst part is, I'm awful at trading. I literally just sit in Jita for about twenty minutes, look at price differences between two hubs using alts stationed there and just buy crap at the cheaper one, Red Frog it over and sell it. This is some pretty easy "passive" ISK right here.

Oh, and I'm looking to get some PI set up nearby in LowSec, and start pulling in ISK from that. I'll have to speak with some POCO owners and see if I can get a decent deal from them.

The future is looking good for my wallet!

Good luck out there guys.

P.S     Oh by the way, check this out. Turns out selling an alt can buy you shiny things

Yep that's an Ark.
Yes I'm excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment